Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Give Me Tears by Wesley Duewel

Give me tears in my eyes, loving Lord, I pray!
Give me tears when I intercede.
Give me tears when I kneel at Your throne each day;
Give me tears when I learn to plead.

Pierced Lord, break this cold, stony heart of mine;
Melt my heart with Your holy fire!
Flood my soul with the passion of love divine;
May I hunger with Your desire.

Take the callousness all from my heart again
Till I hunger and thirst and yearn,
Till the longings for souls of sin-ruined men
All-consuming within me burn.

Fill my heart with your tears; there unveil Your cross
Till all else of this world has died,
Till all else in my life I shall count but loss,
Save the cross of the Crucified.

May my heart be a crucified heart alway
That it bleed for the souls of men.
May the burden for souls melt my soul each day
Till I share Your travail again.

Give me tears when I preach of Your dying love;
Give me tears when I plead with men.
Give me tears as I point to Your throne above;
Love of God, melt my heart again.

-Wesley Duewel

1 comment:

anna said...

Love this poem, I share the same sentiment, Oh Lord help me!