Friday, March 25, 2011

The Prince of Egypt


This is one of my all time favorite movies. It still makes me cry! This movie is getting old... it was released back in 1998 but will always be a classic in my books. The story doesn't follow the bible exactly; they changed some things to fill in gaps, as other movie adaptations have done.
I especially like the song Jethro sung when Moses was with the Midian people.
You can watch the song clip Here and the Dream Scene


"With the sting of the whip on my shoulder, with the salt of my sweat on my brow... Elohim, God on high, can you hear your people cry? Help us now, this dark hour... Deliver us, hear our call, deliver us, Lord of all! Remember us, here in this burning sand! Deliver us, there's a land you promised us! Deliver us to the promised land!"

No comments: